Saturday, September 21, 2013

September 22 – “Day Two: Yo tambien”

And it rained all night long.  And it didn’t stop during the day, either.

We went over to Josh and Christi’s hotel so we could watch the boys while they closed on their house.  All went well there, so we celebrated by going swimming with the boys in their hotel’s indoor pool.  We also spent some time in the hot tub nearby.  And now, of course, I am somewhat motivated to get ours fixed.  I know, we haven’t had since Hurricane Ike and there is not even electricity run to it right now, but it would sure feel good.  We’ll have to do some research on that one.

We took a tour of the great city of Waco … in the rain.  It was kind of hard to see anything, but we did drive by what will be their house in the next few weeks.  We even drove by Seasider Lannie Cline’s house.  Waco seems to be a really nice town.  I think Josh and Christi will like it here. While the boys rested I went with Josh back up to the church and helped him unpack his books for his office so it would be presentable come Sunday morning.  I love hanging out with books.  We made our way back to the hotel for a hot dog and a family game of Creationary.  It’s like Pictionary, only using Legos.  Caleb and Zak were awesome at it of course.  Have you ever seen a coffee maker made out of Legos?  Zak figured that one out. 

Finally we made our way back to the Creech’s.  But the door to their apartment refused to respond to the code I was putting in.  I tried numerous times, but it just wouldn’t open.  So we texted Robert and Melinda to let them know, and we settled in on the floor to wait.  Several students came by and asked if we were relatives of the Creech’s.  I told them it was worse.  I was Robert’s roommate in college forty years ago.  They weren’t exactly sure how to take that.  I finally got a reply from Melinda.  “Mmm.” That’s all.  It was enough to inspire me to try one more time, though, and this time the code worked.  So I texted her again and let her know we were in.  I said, “I guess I was just not holding my tongue right.”  She responded, “Yo tambien.”  That was odd.  Only moments later they arrived and we confessed our story to them.  Neither knew what we were talking about.  That’s right … it wasn’t Melinda I had been texting.  We double-checked the number I had, and it was the wrong one.  No telling who had been the recipient of my queries and confessions.  Hope they enjoyed it.

Psalms 112:3 says, “Wealth and riches are in his house, and his righteousness endures forever.”

Father, thanks for cell phone users with good senses of humor.  Amen.

 

No comments: