Sunday, January 27, 2013

January 27 – “Random thoughts”


I have to figure out how to use the rest of this computer program.  Not the one I’m using now.  I’m talking about the one that translates the VHS tapes into computerese and then puts the videos onto a DVD.  Yesterday I missed a cutoff point and the tape went for two hours and forty-seven minutes.  It wasn’t done yet even then, but a DVD will only hold two hours and thirty minutes worth of video.  And the program won’t even start if the disk won’t hold everything.  So now I have to figure out how to cut the final seventeen minutes off the end of that digital file so it will fit.  It is probably an easy fix, but I sure don’t know how to begin doing it.  Ah, well, something else to do in all my spare time.

The neighborhood kids have discovered the new playground next door.  It has become a massive sandbox/battleground/Olympic training facility.  Haven’t seen any baseballs or footballs flying around yet, though.  Guess it is still too full of ruts for anything so mundane.  

Another one of those long nights for Mom.  After three false starts she beat Chris into the kitchen around one A.M. and started doing the dishes.  At least she was trying to be helpful. 

Starting a new series at church today on the Book of John.  The overall title of the series is Who is this Guy?  Here’s a challenge for you.  Today I get to figure out a way to introduce Gnosticism during a children’s sermon so the adults will have somewhat of a handle on it when the teaching begins.  Guess I better go over my notes again. 

Psalms 62:5-8 says, “Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.  He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.  My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge.  Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.”

Father, you’ll have to do some speaking at church today.  Not sure I’m up to it.  Besides, it always goes better when you do.  Amen.

No comments: