Thursday, January 10, 2013

January 10 – “Photogenics”

Rain.  That pretty well sums up what we’ve been seeing the last few days.  Not that I’m complaining.  I know come July we’ll be wishing we had plenty more of the stuff. 

I got an interesting invitation in the mail.  It was to a baby shower.  Yep.  A baby shower.  I did this couple’s wedding last year, so I guess they wanted to include me in their happy news.  I feel honored.  Not enough to actually go, but I do feel honored.  Seriously, though, I think I will try to come up with a special blessing or something for the baby.  Maybe the Mom will read it on the air sometime and give God some glory.  She’s the weather girl on the local Fox news affiliate.

Speaking of kids, Chris and I spent some time together yesterday (always a plus) choosing pictures from our stash.  It’s a new year so she wanted to update her frames with new pictures of the grandkids.  She had just the one of Jachin she wanted.  He was actually smiling and it didn’t look forced.  Same with one we had of Josiah.  In fact he was laughing.  Micah was a bit harder to find, but we settled on one we took that commemorates one of his black eyes.  Great boyhood memories for him, I’m sure.  A good picture of Zakary smiling unforced was kind of hard to discover as well.  A few crops gave us some choices, though.  Caleb was not as difficult.  We did crop one of him, but he is quite a ham when a camera shows up, so there were several of him with hilarious expressions.  Speaking of being a ham in front of the camera, we had so many of Cailyn that I went through and cropped some other just to make the selection “more interesting” for Chris.  I’m going to have to put together a portfolio of her to post on Facebook or something.  And of course she also wanted a picture of the newest baby to put in a frame.  Felt kind of funny cropping out the best views of an ultrasound picture, but hey, that’s what grandparents do, right? 

Psalms 55:22 says, “Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.”

Father, grant a special blessing to each of those little ones every time we see one of their pictures.  Amen.

No comments: