Wednesday, January 16, 2013

January 16 – “Happy C. birthday”


Today is the anniversary of when I became a Christian, my Christian birthday.  So that makes me just 42 years old.  Sounds a little better than 59, but any way you look at it I guess I’ve been around for a while.  Happy birthday to me.  Woo Hoo.

Woke up with a sore throat today.  Probably because I texted with Josh for a while last night.  He and Caleb have a full blown case of the flu, so he must have found a way to transmit it through the telephone connection.  Diabolical.  I need to hold out until lunch so I can have some more of those chicken and dumplings Christina brought over last night.  Actually the whole family came over and fixed the food here.  The boys were pretty excited.  They are going to a monster truck show in Houston this weekend.  Christina’s uncle is involved in it in some capacity.  I’m not sure if he drives one of them or just works on them, but he’s supposed to be there, so the boys are especially excited to have an inside connection.

I had one of those unusual pharmacy experiences yesterday.  I stopped by on my way home from our neighbor’s funeral to pick up a prescription refill I called in back last week sometime.  It was one of those that they had to call the doctor on, so I wanted to give them some extra time.  They checked the bin and it wasn’t there, so she checked the fax machine and the pharmacist’s to-do stack.  Not there.  She even checked on the computer.  Best she could tell the doctor’s office had not yet responded, so she promised to resubmit the request.  I left.  Sounds pretty typical, right?  Well, before I could even get past WalMart my phone rang.  It was the pharmacy.  She had found the response somewhere, and promised to do it right then.  Now how many times does that happen?  I turned around right then, and picked it up.  Way to go, Randall’s Pharmacy.

Well, back to drawing a map of Jerusalem in the time of Nehemiah.  It’s actually going to be a quickie tourist guide to the city gates.  An idea I had to spice up the sermon for Sunday.  Hope it helps.

Psalms 57:5 says, “Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let your glory be over all the earth.”

Father, thank you for the 42 years I have had with you.  I wouldn’t trade them for anything.  Amen.

No comments: