Thursday, July 8, 2010

July 8 – “1408”

 

I bought a cheap horror movie at WalMart yesterday.  1408.  No, that's not the cost.  That's the name of the movie.  It's based on a Stephen King book about a hotel room with that number.  Mom was horror-fide all right.  She couldn't believe that I had brought it into the house.  Started asking me how many of those did I have here?  I thought she meant dvd's in general, so I said we had lots and lots.  Her jaw hitting the floor was my clue that we were on different pages.  Took me awhile, but I figured out she meant specifically horror movies.  I told her it was pretty much the only one.  She asked why I bought it, then.  I told her, "Because Chris won't watch them with me."  She said, "And you think I will?"  My giggle-suppressing response?  "You just did."  I love my Mom.

 

Short story today.  I left right after a meeting to head for Bay City to see Chris.  Seems like it has been forever.  I didn't tell her I was coming.  I texted her from the Bay City WalMart parking lot to say I had figured out a plan B for seeing her again.  By the time she asked what it was, I was just outside the house.  I texted, "Come outside and give me a hug."  Great surprise.  Great to see her.

 

Psalms 9:1-2 says, "I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders.  2 I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High."

 

Father, thank you for surprises, and for the times I get to be a part of them.  Surprise us any time.  Amen.           


No comments: