Wednesday, July 21, 2010

July 21 – “Cailyn’s first VBS”


Chris had a bit more to deal with yesterday. Her Dad took her and her sister to lunch. Her aunt stayed with her Mom. While they were gone, Chris' adopted Dad came by to say goodbye. Needless to say that was yet another tense situation. By the end of the day, though, everyone was reassured and relationships were affirmed.



Cailyn was the hit of Vacation Bible School. She went to just about every class at one time or another. Lots of the girls wanted to pick her up. Of course she would have none of that. I had to stick pretty close. You know, just in case she might need me. I was willing to make that sacrifice so her first VBS experience would be a good one. I think it was. She enjoyed dancing and singing, making a t-shirt, and especially snacks. And every time she saw Jachin or Micah her eyes lit up. She wore herself out, though. Just as they were starting the closing ceremonies – a very loud time of singing and shouting and general craziness – a young teenager came over and tried to pick her up. As before, she would have none of that, and turned to me to pick her up. I did. Her head went immediately to my shoulder and she was asleep in seconds. And then the noise began. She didn't move. Slept until I was putting her into her carseat about 45 minutes later. Tonight is parent's night, so hopefully April will be able to go. Nathan is on shift until tomorrow morning.



I haven't mentioned my arthritis lately because frankly, it's better. The doctor said this particular medication would take at least three months to start working. It has been just over three months. My fingers still hurt, and it's still a little tough to get my knees cranking, but over all something has done some good. I go back again next week.



Chris is supposed to come home for a quick visit tomorrow. Mom has an appointment to get established with a new doctor. Hers retired. She really likes for Chris to stay with her for the whole visit, so Chris is coming in. She may stay the night and go back Friday morning. If she doesn't I plan to go to Bay City Friday and spend the night there just hanging out.



Psalms 13:6 says, "I will sing to the Lord, for he has been good to me."



Father, you have been good to me. A great wife, sons and daughters-in-law, grandsons, and a precious granddaughter. Thank you. Amen.


No comments: