Friday, July 2, 2010

July 2 – “Happy Housewife”

 

I'm feeling very spaced out right now.  I was going to go the post office.  I have to mail a package to one of the guys we know up in Arlington who graduated from high school.  Got it wrapped and everything.  Even went to WalMart and got a mailer package for it.  Except it fit better in a big envelope I already had.  I guess that's where it started.  They were out of chocolate milk.  That was very disconcerting.  We have enough for tomorrow, but not for Sunday.  Now I have to make another trip to the store.  And for some weird reason that just reminded me that I started washing clothes and forgot to put them in the drier.  You people who do this all the time are incredible.  I'm not a very good Happy Housewife.

 

OK.  That's done.  Now if I can just remember to get them out.  Guess when I run out of underwear I'll have a clue.  So WalMart had no chocolate milk, but Blue Bell ice cream was on sale at Kroger's and they honor everyone's sale price (if you are nice to the checker).  So I got four tubs of ice cream to put in the freezer.  When I talked to Josh after I got home he said I was going to end up like Chris' Dad if I wasn't careful.  He stocks his freezer with up to 30 of those things (half gallon?  Gallon?  How much is in one of those, anyway?).  But hey, if they are out of chocolate milk again tomorrow I could always put a bowl of Blue Bell in the microwave.

 

Cailyn is coming over later to spend the night.  They went to lunch with Mom and I over at Golden Corral.  That might be taking its place as the New Luby's in Mom's eyes.  She loves to sit next to the dessert bar.  The fire fighter's women's auxiliary are getting together some food for the family of a fire fighter whose wife died this morning.  I think that's part of their evening's plans.  The rest will be some kind of celebration for Nathan's birthday tomorrow.  Big day for him.  He turns 25 I think.  Does that make him a man yet?  Can't ask his mother.  She'll say he will always be her itty bitty wittle baby.  Aww.  Ain't that sweet?

 

Seaside Christian Academy had a great ad in the paper today.  All about grand opening of the school and enrollment starting yesterday.  And the best part was it listed our new headmaster.  With the letters PhD. After his name.  Now that's impressive.  Come on people.  Sign 'em up.

 

Can't find anybody who stood in line to be the first to see that new vampire movie.  I was just wondering if I should read the books or just watch the first two on dvd to see what all the fuss is about.  Not sure I can stay awake for two serious chick flicks, though.  I hear there are some cute puppy dogs in the second one.  Maybe I'll start there.

 

Boy, can you tell I miss my wife, or what?

 

Psalms 136:1 says, "Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good.  His love endures forever."

 

Father, thank you for giving me Chris.  She is good.  So I know she is truly from you.  Amen.


No comments: