Tuesday, July 20, 2010

July 20 – “A gift of peace amid chaos”

 

Chris' first text of the day said something about the birds singing that woke her up.  I had to answer that one.  After all, I am the morning person, and she is not.  So I replied, "Way to go, God!"  Now how could she say anything against mornings after that?  It would be like speaking against God.  Her reply?  "He could have waited an hour."  Not bad.  But could I just let it go?  No.  I said, "But you would have missed a whole hour of a great day."  She then admitted that God knew she would need that time to help her recharge after listening to her Mom and Dad, helping with whatever was needed, and walking with them both through what was obviously a chaotic time.  OK.  That was really deep.  All I could say to that was, "Right! It was a gift of peace amid chaos."

 

Jachin and Micah came to Vacation Bible School today.  They are using the same curriculum that First Baptist Church did earlier in the summer, so the boys remembered the songs and even the hand motions.  The guy leading the singing was watching the, since they were new today.  After a few songs he said to Jachin, "You either know this stuff already or you can sure pick it up fast."  Jachin beamed at the attention.

 

Christina ended up staying the whole time.  So did Josiah.  So before too long everyone was in the building and we got started.  Jachin and Micah were pretty shy at first, so Christina handed me Josiah and went with them.  And me and Josiah hung out for the next few hours.  I was the most popular one there.  Everyone wanted to see the baby.  He did great, too.  Took a nap.  Watched people walk by.  When we went outside he got really animated and smiled and talked to me.  Some of the Seaside teenagers asked where Cailyn was.  They only had classes for four year olds and up.  They said, "Bring her.  We'll play with her." 

 

Just so happens it was Tuesday.  Mom wanted to go to her new Lubys … Golden Corral.  And everybody came with us.  Kel even got off work for awhile to meet us there.  Mom was in heaven again, surrounded by her offspring.  One of her friends came by.  This lady used to talk to us at Lubys all the time.  Seems she has found a new place as well.  Mom was proud as a peacock to show off her great grandkids.  I sure missed Chris, though.  I took a picture of everybody with my cell phone and sent it to her so she could join us.  Not sure if that was a good idea or not.  She said she liked the picture.  I know she wishes she was in it, though.  So do I.

 

Deuteronomy 8:10 says, "When you have eaten and are satisfied, praise the Lord your God for the good land he has given you."

 

Father, are we supposed to pray after we eat instead of before?  Interesting idea.  I guess the important thing is not the when, but the fact that we communicate with you.  Amen.


No comments: