Thursday, July 15, 2010

July 15 – “Secrets”

 

Chris came home last night.  She got here just as Mom and I were finishing up a slice of pizza we reheated.  She was trying to keep it a secret.  I had a hunch she was on the road, though, because she didn't answer my texts right away.  So the last text I sent, I asked her how many slices of pizza she wanted.  She returned, "2."  Then I answered, "I know you are not texting and driving."  After awhile I got, "Nope."  That cinched it.  She was on the road. 

 

She was pretty tired, too.  Not o much from the drive (Although the air conditioner goes in and out on the truck, so she was burning up).  She was just tired from not being at home and being under tons of stress taking care of her Mom.  She is still beat today, and she even took a nap this afternoon.

 

One good thing, though.  Cailyn came over and spent the morning with us.  Stage One of the Nana fix complete.  She still needs to see Jachin, Micah, and Josiah.  That will be Stage Two.  If everything works out and Chris is still here, we are having a fish fry tomorrow.  Nathan will be off, so as soon as Kel gets off work, we'll eat.  That will leave only Stage Three, Zakary and Caleb.  They are actually supposed to pop in next week for a quick one day visit on their way to spend the weekend in Freeport with friends.  We are having VBS at Seaside next week, too.  Lots going on.  A group from Haltom City is coming in to lead it.  They'll be here Saturday afternoon and will stay in our building all week.  Which also means we need to come up with a lot of extra food for dinner on the grounds Sunday.  Anyway, Chris will almost assuredly be in Bay City.  But they may get to go through Bay City on their way home, so Stage Three is not completely in jeopardy.

 

Been getting texts and even a phone call from the kids in North Carolina at youth camp.  They are having a great time.  I have been writing a goofy song to chronicle their exploits, so they are enjoying "telling" on each other.  It's written to the tune of that wildly popular classic hit, "I'm a Nut."  No one knows what will ultimately make the song, though.  It's a closely guarded secret.

 

Home group is scheduled for tonight.  I know Anne and Eric won't be here.  His grandfather died, and they are headed to Oklahoma for the funeral.  Don't know about the others.  I'll get some songs ready (on the computer, not the uke).

 

Philippians 4:12-13 says, "I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength."

 

Father, thank you that I don't have to keep any secrets from you.  It is definitely a stress reliever to be honest.  Amen.


No comments: