Friday, July 16, 2010

July 16 – “Back to ministry”

 

Wow.  I just typed in that it was February.  Don't look.  I changed it.  Time has certainly eluded me since Chris has been gone so much, but that's a bit much even for me. 

 

I am pretty old.  I can remember when to change something you typed you had to have some of that liquid paper stuff.  It was magic.  Covered all kinds of mistakes.  But it was also messy.  And you could tell it was there.  That other stuff worked pretty good, too.  The little strips of paper that you had to stick in there and retype to erase the individual letters. 

 

I used to work at a church in Houston where the secretary had to turn a crank of some kind and pour a bottle of ink into a big cylinder to make copies of stuff.  Messy, nasty stuff.  Oh, and then there were those carbon paper things that you put between two sheets of paper.  Then you could make two errors at the same time with no hope of fixing either one.  That was back when it really meant something to say how fast you could type with few or no mistakes.  I can see why.

 

So give me these computers where I can make all the mistakes I want and all have to do is backspace and delete.  Of course that's if I realize they are mistakes.  That little curly red underline thing is great with spelling but not so good on grammar.

 

All of our Galveston kiddos came over for a fish fry this evening.  Kind of a welcome home to Chris along with a good bye.  She leaves again tomorrow.  But boy, did she ever get a grandkid fix.  She held Josiah and played soccer with Jachin and Micah and get a kiss from Cailyn.  Not to mention her hugs from Kel, Nathan, Christina and April.  She really needed that.  Now it's back to ministry tomorrow.

 

Psalms 29:2 says, "Ascribe to the Lord the glory due his name; worship the Lord in the splendor of his holiness."

 

Father, I really can't imagine what your glory looks like.  I sure don't have much to compare it to from my life.  I just know you're God.  Somehow that's enough.  Amen.


No comments: