Wednesday, July 28, 2010

July 28 – “What’s a Kraken?”

I went grocery shopping today.  Without Chris.  It was not fun.  I mean, I got to watch some people.  And the checker was a lady I have started talking to whenever I get a chance, so she recognized me, and that was nice.  But buying groceries has always been a time when we have done most of our talking – as we walk around the grocery store.  I guess that's why it was so hard today.  It didn't take near as long as it usually does.  But it just wasn't nearly as fun.

 

Cailyn and her Mom came by to check out our stash of coupons before they made their trip to WalMart.  Cailyn had her hair fixed in actual pigtails.  Usually she has her hair all stuck up in one spot in the middle.  Like Pebbles Flintstone. 

 

After they left Nathan and Allen came by. Allen is one of the guys who used to live with us back in his high school days.  In fact we have know his family for years.  He and Nathan literally grew up together.  Allen moved back to Galveston a while back, but this was the first time we have seen him.  Nathan took him on a tour of the house, since he hasn't seen it since the storm.  I told him he better come back on a day when Chris is here or she'll be really mad.

 

Found out this afternoon that the billboard advertising Seaside Christian Academy is up.  It's on 69th Street right next to WalMart.  I'll check it out when we go to youth group tonight. 

 

Josh and Christi and their boys were supposed to come down late tonight for a visit.  But Josh called and said they probably wouldn't leave until tomorrow  morning.  Something about college students being at their house until one in the morning, so he didn't know if he could handle another late night, especially driving.  So is he getting old, or what?  Oh, well, at least that means I won't have to stay awake waiting for them.

 

I need to make some time soon to watch the movie I picked up.  Heard it was a good one, but I never saw it in the theaters.  Clash of the Titans.  Mythological creatures, blood and guts.  What a combination.  Couldn't resist the tag line … "Release the Kraken."  Have no idea what a Kraken is, but I'm prepared to watch out for it.

 

Ephesians 3:20-21 says, "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."

 

Father, it's yours.  Power.  Everything.  Amen.


No comments: