Friday, April 9, 2010

April 9 – “Random Thoughts”

 

I got off to an early start today.  For some reason I woke up at 5:00.   I managed to stay in bed until 5:20, but I finally gave up.  Today was my day to be at Seaside Christian Academy.  I usually stick around and help them get everything set up for church services.  I couldn't stay today, though.  I had to attend a funeral of a really sweet lady I knew back when I first became a Christian at First Baptist Church of Galveston.  Chris and I had been seeing her off and on over the years, mainly at WalMart.  She liked to watch people and so did I, so we often compared notes.

 

This afternoon I had a meeting with the father of the bride of a wedding I'm doing tomorrow.  The rehearsal is tonight, but he wanted to meet me ahead of time.  We met in the parking lot of Joe's Crab Shack and walked across the street to sit on the seawall.  The guy is extremely fired up about Jesus.  He was raised in New Jersey and lives in the Dallas area now.  He told me about his job and his old football injury and his marriage and his kids.  I heard all about how he became a believer.  Then he shared about what happened this past Easter.  He got to lead his daughter and her fiancé to Jesus (the ones getting married tomorrow).  I'm not sure how long he talked, but he didn't slow down or get tired for one minute of it. 

 

I was just wondering what would be the most obscure Bible verse ever.  Maybe something in Leviticus?  Lots of crazy law stuff there.  Or maybe Song of Solomon.  Love, love, love.  Romans?  Hebrews?  Revelation?  This whole line of thinking would really be fun except I really don't have an answer.  And I don't particularly want to find one, either.  Just wondering.

 

Criminal Minds is a very strange show.  It's one of those that you have to be more than a little bit off to be a writer for it.  We've been taping it and watching back episodes.  I don't even try to figure out who done it.

 

I sure am glad that baseball season has begun.  Now I can watch the Astros every so often instead of waiting for the newest episode of Biggest Loser.

 

Job 11:7-8 says, "Can you fathom the mysteries of God?  Can you probe the limits of the Almighty?  8 They are higher than the heavens — what can you do?  They are deeper than the depths of the grave -what can you know?"

 

Father, thank you for the mysteries of life.  It makes thinking about random things a lot more fun.  Amen.

 


No comments: