Monday, April 5, 2010

April 5 – “One day later”

 

I knew God had a beautiful sunrise all saved up for us.  It just happened one day later than I expected.  I was driving to a pastor's breakfast in LaMarque this morning when the sun came up.  It was gorgeous.  I just wish I had been driving east instead of northwest.

 

I also saw something that I have never seen before here in Galveston.  As I passed over Offatt's Bayou on 61st street I saw one of those sculling team rowboat things.  Where did they get a name like "sculling," anyway?  They had what looked like six or eight people in this little canoe thing with really long oars.  The funny thing was that they were headed straight for the rocks.  I wonder how hard it is to turn one of those things.

 

Our  waitress at the breakfast was very sweet.  She did a great job right from the time I spilled a full glass of water as I sat down and tried to shake some guy's hand.  I asked her how we could pray for her, and she said she needed transportation.  Her car was out of commission and she was having to take a cab to work.  It was costing her $30 per trip.  I let the guy who set up the breakfast know.  Maybe he can hook her up with one of the churches in that area.

 

Nathan and April have been bringing over mail addressed to Mom at their apartment.  That would be the apartment they just moved out of.  Seems that when they moved out of her house, the post office moved Mom with them instead of with us as we requested.  I stopped by the post office to get it straightened out.  They said I should go on line and do it.  So I did.  And it wouldn't finish the process because the addresses didn't match.  Which was the problem in the first place.  So I had to print out a form and fill it in by hand.  That form then was to be sent or delivered by hand to … the post office where I started the whole thing.  Great.

 

We are supposed to go with some friends to the Astros opening game tonight.  The guy called last night and said his wife couldn't go, so did Kel want her ticket?  I checked with him, and he did some fancy footwork with Christina so he could join us.  Then I got a text from  Chris that her Mom was being admitted to the hospital for observation and a blood transfusion.  She's supposed to call me when they get her admitted so we can figure out what to do from here.

 

John 19:30 says, "When he had received the drink, Jesus said, 'It is finished.' With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit."

 

Father, from my life of unfinished circumstances, I thank you for finishing what you started.  Amen.


No comments: