Friday, April 16, 2010

April 16 – “No Flush”

 

I was supposed to do a wedding today on the beach and then baptize the bride and groom.  I had no way of contacting them, so I hung out at the church and waited until the 1:00 start time.  No one ever showed up. 

Cleanup after school today was a breeze.  There was another group coming in around 1:30.  They planned to use the building for a wedding reception at 4:00, and they wanted to come in and decorate.  I decided to just hang out some more and see if they showed up.  They finally did.  That means we get to swing back by around six and make sure everything gets set up for church.

All that hanging out wouldn't have been so bad, but the things I planned out to do didn't work out.  I wanted to fix the handle on one of the toilets.  No flush.  But the hardware store out by the church didn't have the part.  I'll probably have to go to Home Depot where we bought the toilet. 

Then the entries I planned to make into the high schoolers' transcripts had already been done.  By me.  I don't remember doing it.  I ended up doing a pre-sweep sweep of the floors.  It helped speed up things a lot when the kids started cleaning. 

I called home to check on Mom after her fall yesterday.  She is still really sore.  She has a hard time standing up, or sitting down.  The hardest of all, according to her, is getting in bed.  That doesn't leave many positions of comfort.  Chris called this afternoon and got her a doctor's appointment.  I sure hope the soreness abates soon, because she really seems miserable. 

I guess now I can shift gears for the next thing.  Tomorrow is a surprise 80th birthday party for Chris' Dad.  In Bay City.  And Chris has pretty much done the whole thing.  Last night our home group helped out with the gift from her Mom.  We rolled up 80 individual one dollar bills and tied each one with thread.  My old fat fingers did OK with the rolling, but that thread ate my lunch.

Psalms 145:8-10 says, "The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love.  9 The Lord is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made.  10 All you have made will praise you, O Lord; your saints will extol you."

 

Father, I have never fully understood what extol means, but apparently you deserve it.  Show me how and I will do it happily.   Amen.


No comments: