Monday, April 19, 2010

April 19 – “A Week’s Reprieve”

 

We were notified today of a week's reprieve.  It's not like we were banished to the outer world regions of Underland or anything.  We just found out that Chris' Dad's cataract surgery had to be postponed a week.  That means she doesn't have to go to Bay City at all until next Sunday.  His surgeon is in Europe and can't get home because all the flights have been grounded due to the volcano eruption in Iceland.  A whole week.

 

We took the new car in for its first oil change today.  It automatically notifies us when it is time.  Our mechanic was very impressed with the car.  He said it has the same engine as our Venture did, and that one lasted well over 100,000 miles.  I had to walk over to Kel's and hitch a ride home.  Cailyn was staying at the house and we didn't have a car seat.  Now I'm one up on Chris in the exercise department.  I'm also really sore in the knees.  And I dozed off a little bit when we went to see Alice in Wonderland.  That's one of the most frustrating things about this whole pain management experience. 

 

While I was walking to Kel's I noticed a lot of political signs for the upcoming elections in Galveston.  I also noticed that some of the names immediately called to mind something totally off the wall.  It started off when I saw a regular business sign for somebody named Phil NuNu.  I felt like I was already at home babysitting.  Then came Rusty Legg.  I thought of a friend of mine who is a double amputee and the trouble that would cause him with his prosthesis.  Isn't Brenda Lee a singer or something like that?  She's running for something.  Steve Greenberg sounded like a ecologically friendly small town.  Susan Fennewald made me think of one of the elves in Lord of the Rings.  I got a glimpse of what looked like "Got an itch."  I think it was Godinich.  And then there was Jim Rothgeb.  That one almost stumped me.  Maybe a fast-talking bank account (Roth gab)?  I don't know who I'll vote for yet, but I sure appreciate the choices.

 

Daniel 7:27 says, "Then the sovereignty, power and greatness of the kingdoms under the whole heaven will be handed over to the saints, the people of the Most High. His kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom, and all rulers will worship and obey him."

 

Father, let it happen quickly.  Draw our rulers toward yourself.  Amen.


No comments: