Tuesday, April 20, 2010

April 20 – “Free Flush Handle”

 

I got to do a few real-live pastor things today.  First I went to pray with a guy who was having surgery.  Marcus is a young man who became a Christian was baptized through our youth camp ministry.  Since then he has gone with us virtually every summer as a counselor and van driver, and he is scheduled to go again this summer.  He loves the Lord and is great with the kids, especially the ones who are hard to draw out of their shell.  Marcus was playing basketball like he was still eighteen, and as a result he ruptured his Achilles tendon.  The surgery was this afternoon.  It was a miracle that he even got to the surgery.  Someone loaned him the $6,000 they wanted up front.  He still has to pay it back, so any help would be appreciated.  I met his girlfriend and enjoyed talking for awhile with his boss and co-worker.  The best part of the whole thing was seeing where they had him the pre-op room.  Of the six or seven options, Marcus got placed in the only corner in the entire room with a giraffe and an elephant painted on the walls.  It was quite cheery.  And I'm pretty sure the cartoon network was playing on the TV.  He turned it off before I could check for sure.

 

Did you know if you buy a cheeseburger at Sonic they will give you an order of tater tots?  I like tater tots.  I ate most of the cheeseburger, too.  And I really like cherry limeade slushes.  Right up there with Nestle's Crunch bars.  That was my meal when they finally opened up after Ike. 

 

From there I had to hurry to the juvenile justice center in Texas City.  One of our Seaside kids had a meeting before the judge.  All went well.  He and his parents did everything they were supposed to do, so the charges were dismissed.  He really got a second chance on this one.

 

The flush handle broke off one of the new toilets at the church.  After searching all over the place for a replacement, I found a phone number for the manufacturer.  They finally called back and said they would send a replacement out right away.  Didn't ask for payment or anything.  Does that still happen?

 

1 Chronicles 29:17 says, "I know, my God, that you test the heart and are pleased with integrity."

 

Father, help me be a man of integrity.  In everything.  Amen.

 


No comments: