Saturday, April 10, 2010

April 10 – “A Woman Invasion”

 

We had a great visit this morning with our good friends Robert and Melinda Creech.  They live in Waco now, but they were here in Galveston to bring their daughter to a beach retreat.  And it's been raining all day.  I hope they had a Plan B for outdoor activities. 

 

I had a rehearsal for a wedding at noon today.  It is scheduled for tomorrow at 12:30.  Again, it has been raining all day.  We sat in the lobby of the San Luis Hotel and talked about it.  That one will be easy.  It's just the bride and groom and her teenage son in the wedding party.  And her best friend is a wedding coordinator.  And their hotel rep is the lady in charge of the wedding coordinators now.  Easiest rehearsal I've had in a long time.  And I don't even have to wear a suit to the wedding.  Good thing, since we have a baptism scheduled tomorrow.  That's going to be a quick shower and change after the dip in the beach.

 

But tonight at 6:00 I'm supposed to do an outdoor wedding there at the San Luis.  And in case I haven't mentioned it yet, it's been raining all day.  The earliest weather reports said today would be a beautiful day.  Then there was a 40% chance of thunderstorms.  Then it was supposed to be gone by 11:00 this morning.  The good thing is, the San Luis always has an alternate location that is very nice.  And to make matters worse, I have to wear a suit tonight.  Maybe it will stop.

 

This afternoon Chris is hosting a baby shower for Christina.  Woman after woman has come through our front door.  It's getting louder and louder.  I turned my hearing aids to restaurant mode.  That helped some.  Cailyn is here, too, so we have been playing catch with a baseball in the office.  That helped a little more.  I wonder if I can go to a movie and still make hat wedding by six?  That's worth checking into …………

 

Psalms 4:6-8 says, "Many are asking, 'Who can show us any good?'  Let the light of your face shine upon us, O Lord.  7 You have filled my heart with greater joy than when their grain and new wine abound.  8 I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety."

 Father, thank you for the ladies you have put in my life.  Amen


No comments: