Saturday, April 6, 2024

April 6 - “Screwed up”


I had my four month post-back-surgery checkup yesterday. We got to see the x-rays they took on Monday. Everything looked perfect as far as the hardware was concerned. And the rest of my back is still, well … messed up. The images, however, gave new meaning to my mantra “my back is screwed up.” I guess now I can say, “My screwed up back is screwed up.” 


Of course, the main reason we were there was to get his official word on what’s next. What can I do? What should I not do?  And he had essentially the same answer as the nurse practitioner. There were some differences in delivery, though. He came up with six (I counted them) different ways of saying, “Don’t be stupid” without actually saying “Don’t be stupid.” The nurse minced no words. She pretty much said, “Don’t be stupid.”  Of course she added, “Do what your wife tells you.”  And when the doc heard what she had said, he was quite quick to agree. Something like,”Most of the time they are right, you know?”  Yes, Doc. We’ve been married almost 50 years. Believe me … I know. 


On the way home we stopped at Best Buy to pick up a case for the new laptop. Not planning to go anywhere with it any time soon, but it never hurts to be prepared. Hurricane season and all. 


From there we drove to Buc-ees. All the way in Texas City. Yep. Not even on a road trip. This one was on me. I wanted some of their glazed cashews for my snack on the cruise. That meant I had to make another label for the professional packaging we got from Christina. It has to look professionally done to get past security. Maybe we should add a tiny radio transmitter to the bag. That should block any errant communications… Wait. Whaaat?


Ephesians‬ ‭6‬:‭16‬ ‭ says, In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one


Father, he please me live out that “Don’t be stupid” command it did sound eerily familiar. Amen.

No comments: