Thursday, April 4, 2024

April 4 - “Come on, Brain”


Well, I had another 4:30 a.m. start yesterday. I think my body thought we were back on Sunday for the sunrise service. Come on, Brain. At least catch up to the Daylight Savings Time routine. 


Once Chris joined me, she mulled over her options for the day, all of which included some form of manual labor. Mowing. Edging. Flowerbed clearing. House cleaning. All valid tasks for her pre-cruise satisfaction. After careful consideration … we headed out for the two mile walk. Not exactly on the list, but since when have we been slaves to a list?  Besides, in her mind, she still had the whole afternoon for her list. Yay. 


She was quite serious, though. After some lunch she was ready to break out the mower. I helped her get it pulled out and gassed up. She even let me start it for her. That’s as far as it went. She knocked it out. She did, however, get chewed out. Oh, not by me. Our good neighbor Corey took care of that one. He has offered to handle mowing for us and has done a great job a time or two already. But Chris just likes doing it. She likes being outside. She did say she would consider letting him edge, though. Hmm …


Last night we settled in to watch the Astros again (and they won, by the way). The idea was to get a little rest before our next few busy days begin. The next two days are doctor appointments. Sam has today all locked up. Tomorrow I head into Texas to check in with my neurosurgeon. Anxious to see what that restrictions list looks like going forward. 


Ephesians‬ ‭6‬:‭13‬ says, Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm.


Father, please be with Sam and Chris on their Texas jaunt today. Amen. 

No comments: