Friday, April 26, 2024

April 26 - “Snatched defeat from the very jaws of victory … again”


Yesterday was Sam’s treatment day up in Texas. She and Chris had to leave pretty early, though. There was a fatality accident that had shut down a big swath of the freeway between here and there. As it turned out, the news app indicated the freeway was back open just before they left, so that was good news. As a result they were plenty early for the appointment. Sadly, that didn’t mean the treatment got started on time. It took a while. But they were still up for grabbing some to-go goodies from Olive Garden. Yum. 


After I managed to get Freddy out of the car and back in the house, I was deciding what my next task would be. Before I could get started, though, a notice popped up on my phone that the Astros game was about to start. I hadn’t realized it was a day game this time. Needless to say, my decision was made. Aaand … the 2024 Astros managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory … again. Sigh. 


After the game I had time to fill out some birthday card addresses. And along with that, I squeezed in a quick jaunt to Randall’s to get some stamps and bananas. I still beat the ladies home. It was a long afternoon for them. And they still faced home group last night. Phew. 


Philippians‬ ‭4‬:‭7‬ says, And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.


Father, please give Sam an extra God-hug. She could use one. Amen. 

No comments: