Saturday, April 20, 2024

April 20 - “Where’s Launie?


I spent the better part of the afternoon at the Fire Department physical agility test. It was quite a big day for the applicants. First they had to take the Civil Service exam. That took all morning. 58 hopefuls sat for that one. When all was said and done, 28 passed the test and were invited to the agility portion. Only 26 actually showed up at station 4. They were ready to vie for one of four open positions. 


Testing day has always been one of my favorite Fire Department events. I started out in the parking lot, greeting each one as they arrived and directing them to the check-in table.  Once everyone was checked in, I became a cheerleader the rest of the time. I figured if I was attempting to complete the exhausting course, I would sure want someone encouraging me. 


As it turned out, only one didn’t complete the course in under the required 10 minutes. The fastest time was something like 4 minutes and 20 seconds. That was amazing to watch. 


Jenna and all the FD crew who worked the event did a great job proctoring and handling the equipment. As usual, they made me proud. 


After I got home we got word from Nathan and April that their beautiful white boxer named Launie had been stolen. They had a description of the culprits, though, and they had already notified the police. April had all the info out on social media, too. We are hoping they will hear something soon. 


Ephesians‬ ‭2‬:‭10‬ says, For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.


Father, please keep Launie safe and help someone connect with Nathan and April to get her home. Amen. 

No comments: