Monday, March 7, 2022

March 7 – “Kind of strange”

It was a kind of strange Sunday for me yesterday.  I woke up feeling pretty rough.  That long day of much strenuous activity on Saturday caught up with me, I guess.  My back was killing me all across my core.  I hadn’t slept much at all the night before.  We were supposed to pick up Cailyn and take her to a church up in her area, but Nathan had already called to say she wasn’t going.  That led to an odd decision for us.  For the first time in, oh, 26 years or so, we could stay home sick on a Sunday and not worry about who would preach or who would clean the bathrooms at church.  Kind of strange.

 

I loaded up on some Tylenol and applied a heat pack to my back.  Well, actually it was one of those high class sock-like things filled with rice.  Heat it up in the microwave and voila … instant heating pad with no electric cord to fuss with.  We settled in on the couch for the morning.  Well, after I set up the computer so we could watch church on TV.  First up was Josh and Columbus Avenue Baptist Church in Waco.  Then we switched over to watch Kel and the service at Seaside.  Guess we got our overdose of church.

 

I managed to do a little dozing after church.  We were binge-watching that building show set in Laurel, Mississippi.  I think we may have found another stop on our next trip East.  Not sure what we will see when we get there, though.  Maybe drive around looking for houses we have seen renovated or maybe the guy’s workshop by the train tracks.  Doesn’t take much to keep us entertained on our excursions. 

 

Matthew 4:4 says, “Jesus answered, ‘It is written: “Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.”’”

 

Father, thank you for the chance to still worship even though we were at home yesterday.  Not exactly the same, but nice anyway.  Amen.

 

No comments: