Thursday, March 10, 2022

March 10 – “Seeking the ‘All clear’”

I suppose my big even of the day came when I went to the doctor’s office.  Nothing’s wrong.  Well, nothing new, anyway.  it was just time for my annual physical/Medicare Wellness Check.  Never knew that was a thing until I had to do one every year.  In fact, I’m still not clear on how it is different from an annual physical.  I mean, after all, isn’t that what a physical is – a wellness check? 

 

As far as the visit results go, I suppose I passed with flying colors.  He went over my medications with me and adjusted one of them a bit.  Kind of strange adjustment, though.  Instead of taking 40 milligrams once a day, I now take 20 milligrams twice a day.  How is that different in the long run?  He said it was time for a shingles vaccine.  I told him I already had shingles.  He said the vaccine would make any future cases less severe.  Hmm.  Sounds like the Covid speech all over again.  He also said I need a tetanus booster.  That one I know I don’t need to worry about unless I step on a rusty nail.  His other bit of advice concerning the shots?  “Get them at the pharmacy.  There they cost maybe $25 or so.  Here they cost $250.”  Deal.  He did a blood test for the usual stuff - cholesterol, etc.  Said he’d let me know on MyChart if anything looked suspicious, but he didn’t anticipate anything.  His parting shot was another crowd favorite.  He said I could probably go for exercising just a tad more than I do now.  I’m right on the bubble of really needing to.  “Maybe if you lost, say, ten pounds?”  Sounded pretty easy coming from him.  I’ll get right on that, Doc.

 

Chris had an appointment yesterday, too.  Hers was just a checkup with the skin doctor.  She was blessed with the opportunity to show off her skin for a resident and a Physician’s Assistant student.  Sounded like the resident was kind of arrogant.  The real doctor put him in his proper place, though.  He was trying to do an exam while she just sat in a visitor’s chair.  The doc told him to move over to the exam table. That’s why they put it there.  Better light and all.  She also had Chris remove her glasses so the shadows on her face wouldn’t look like skin anomalies.  Basic stuff, youngster.  Bottom line from her visit?  All is well.  Guess we are cleared for our journey into the wilds of Utah in a few short weeks. 

 

Luke 11:13 says, “If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him.”

 

Father, thank you for watching over our physical bodies so we can enjoy the trip here in a few weeks.  Amen.

No comments: