Monday, March 14, 2022

March 14 – “Katz”

We were back at Seaside again yesterday, and Kel and I had a little surprise for everyone.  He introduced the theme verse again for the teaching series he is doing, and when he gestured for it to be displayed on the screen, display it did, indeed.  Except for one thing … it was in Visual Verse form.  Kel played it up great, and finally asked for someone out there to come up and help explain it.  I “just happened” to have my trusty pointer with me and begged him to call on me.  It was fun going through a verse again in its visual form.  The Seasiders seemed to get a kick out of the surprise.  Maybe we can do it again sometime.

 

After church a group of us went to a restaurant called ShyKatz (Or maybe it was SkyKatz.  Something like that).  It’s been around a while, but we have never been.  It was another Sam celebration for her birthday.  Gotta make that big number 70 something special.  The restaurant was in an unusual place.  Pretty much a residential area, in fact.  It was in what looked like one of those old corner grocery stores Galveston used to have a proliferation of.  Not many frills.  The food was served on mismatched, but real glass, break-if-you-drop-them plates.  I had a BLT sandwich, and it was really good.  I even saved half for supper last night.  Chris had a chicken salad, and she brought home more than half of hers.  It is definitely a place I would return to.  They have some breakfast items that I would really like to try. 

 

Continuing with the katz theme, After lunch we returned to the house with Lauren, Cathy, and Sam, and for the rest of the afternoon we dove into Sam’s cats jigsaw puzzle that she left here on Thursday.  The five of us worked for several hours on that thing.  I know it was several hours, because the University of Houston basketball game started just as we did, and they finished before we did.  Not that we finished the puzzle.  We’ll attempt to do that before home group on Thursday.  We got pretty much everything done but the cats.  Five of them, I think.  I won’t be messing with that part of the puzzle between now and Thursday, that’s for sure.

 

Psalms 139:23-24 says, “Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.  See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.”

 

Father, thank you for friends who enjoy puzzling with us and sharing a meal together and just being together.  Amen.

No comments: