Tuesday, March 15, 2022

March 15 – “Into my paltry world”

Well, I guess it had to happen eventually.  All those years of being warned by my grandmother finally came to fruition.  What, pray tell, was this long-avoided happenstance that invaded my paltry world so suddenly and unexpectedly?  I blew my nose, and my left ear went dark.  Wait.  I guess that would be an eye thing.  The ear stopped working almost entirely.  It felt like I had been swimming laps at the local pool and brought a gallon or two home with me - in my head – but without the sloshing.  Hearing aids didn’t help, of course, so I just took them out altogether.  Which meant I had to inform Chris of my dilemma so she could return to pre-hearing aid speech mode (get my attention, make sure I can see your lips, talk louder).  She assured me that it would return to normal soon.  All it took was for the pressure to have time to re-establish.  She was right, of course.  But it was an interesting hour or so …

 

We got back to doing our walk again.  This 64-degree weather is really nice.  We made it for two miles plus some stair walking.  Oh, and after we finished, I figured out how to record stair walking as an exercise workout on our watches.

 

In the afternoon we went to Edward Jones to see about rolling over our retirement annuity account into an IRA.  Again, that has always been something way over my head.  Kind of like trig or analytic geometry was in high school.  Or maybe physics.  I never got physics, either.  We discovered there was quite a bit more involved than we expected.  For one thing they offer a benefit we didn’t know about related to housing expense.  We’ll have to investigate that further.  We also found out that several extra steps are required, including getting Seaside’s financial secretary to connect with them.  I don’t know for sure what all has to happen there, but they are supposed to send me an email with all the details.  Glad we don’t really need that money right away.

 

We stopped at Randall’s on the way home.  I had a prescription to pick up.  Well, that and bananas.  That prescription was the last one I needed to cover all the days of our trip west coming up next week.  Woo hoo.

 

Psalms 34:18 says, “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.”

 

Father, thank you for folks who understand math.  And for folks who understand math who you have placed in our orbit.  And for folks who understand math who you have placed in our orbit … who we can trust.  Amen.

No comments: