Sunday, March 20, 2022

March 20 – “Cousin??”

Yesterday we bundled up and headed north.  No, not that far north.  Not yet.  This was a short trip to Pasadena for Jachin’s baseball game.  When we got there we realized that we would be facing a dilemma, however.  The pitcher for the bad guys was named Kelley.  That was his last name.  And that, even though we have never met, makes him a cousin.  I was secretly rooting for him to do well … in a loss.  And I pretty much got my wish.  He did fairly well, but alas.  The good guys won and won big.  Something like 9-1.  Jachin got to pitch a few innings in relief.  He did great. Allowed one hit and one runner on by error.  No runs.  Oh, and it was sponsor appreciation day, so they grilled burgers and hotdogs after the game.  Well, it was actually a fund raiser disguised as appreciation, but either way, they were pretty good burgers.  No mayo available, though.  Had to smear mustard instead.

 

We watched the Baylor basketball game on the way home.  Well, I did.  Chris drove.  Exciting stuff.  Baylor was behind by 25 points and came roaring all the way back to tie the score and send the game into overtime.  They finally fell a little short, though.  Great game to watch.  Unless you live in Waco.  I suppose that whole city is depressed today.  That wasn’t the only exciting game of the day, either.  Well, it was the only one I watched in the car, though.   Later on, we did see Arkansas win.  And I even stayed up to watch Gonzaga almost pull defeat from the jaws of victory.  They held on to win, though.  Probably the most exciting win of the day came when number 15 seed St. Peter’s a small Catholic college in New Jersey, pulled off their second ridiculous upset of the tournament.  Gotta love this time of year …

 

Isaiah 55:8-9 says, “’For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,’ declares the Lord.  ‘As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.’”

 

Father, be with that young cousin of ours named Kelley.  Keep him safe and healthy and draw him close to you.  Amen.

No comments: