Friday, March 4, 2022

March 4 – “Evidence”

Chris headed off to cardiac rehab again yesterday.  She made a declaration as she walked out the door.  Pretty simple one, actually.  Went like this: “Nine.”  Yep.  She’s counting down the days, and she is finally in single digits for this current deployment.  Nine sessions at three sessions per week.  Still on schedule.  She’ll be done just in time for our Western trip.

 

Meanwhile I stayed home to sit behind a computer and masterfully craft a finely tuned blog entry for the day.  Teehee.  Right.  I mean … of course I did do that, but my task for the day was more to nurse my sore muscles from all that crazy yard work.  Worst parts?  My lower back, of course.  That’s a given.  But under my right arm (triceraceps??) up into my shoulder blade area really gave me an unfamiliar discomfort.  Best I can tell, it was from wielding that ax against those unyielding roots. 

 

I did some more work on that evil jigsaw puzzle.  And I even experienced a bit of success.  I finally completed the outside edge.  What should have been the first thing accomplished came after I had done the entire sky at the top and the letters at the bottom.  I told you this one was evil.  Last night at home group, Lauren took up her spot at the table and managed to complete another section.  I think she got one whole cactus done.  And Cathy found a piece as well.  Good to have the help of pros …

 

Oh, I had a bit of a mishap happen at lunch.  I was heating up some baked potato soup in the microwave.  When I reached in to take it out, it kind of sloshed over the edge, landing on my thumb.  Ouch.  I managed to get the bowl set down before racing to the sink and running cold water over the area.  It got red, but no blisters.  Fortunately, the water stayed cold.  Anyone who lives in Galveston understands that comment.  Here, water from the tap can sometimes come out lukewarm at best, superheated by the sun on the pipes at worst.  By the way … the soup was hot enough.

 

Colossians 4:2 says, “Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.”

 

Father, thank you for the aches and pains that are evidence of hard work.  Helps me remember that I’m still alive and kicking.  Amen.

No comments: