Wednesday, March 16, 2022

March 16 – “Some Assembly Required”

Chris had her usual cardiac rehab (only three more to go), along with an appointment with her PCP yesterday.  All is going fairly well.  She was told that she should be wearing compression stockings to help with the getting light-headed off and on.  She has heard that before.  Doesn’t make a lot of sense to me, though.  What does tight socks have to do with blood in your head?  Oh, well.  Why not give it a try?

 

Meanwhile I walked for two miles and did some stair climbing on our deck.  I also did something I have never done before.  I listened to a podcast.  Kel recommended one to a friend, so I thought I would try it while I walked.  My phone broadcasts it directly to my hearing aids, so it is pretty convenient anyway.  The guy I listened to was Alistair Beggs.  He’s apparently a preacher from Ireland.  Great little Irish brogue that added some flair to his teaching.  The teaching was good, too.  He was explaining some stuff from the Book of Titus about choosing elders.  Guess I know where to turn when I’m walking alone now.  Of course, now Chris is almost done with rehab, so we’ll be walking together.  Kind of rude to be listening to someone in my ears when she is right there to talk to.

 

We drove out to the church to meet a delivery guy.  Kel was stuck in Galveston Spring Break traffic.  We headed right out when he called.  Even switched over to the back roads when the Seawall traffic came to a standstill.  As it turned out, Kel beat us there anyway.  The truck was unloaded and getting ready to pull out when we drove up.  Come to find out, the driver had already done the unloading.  All he needed was as signature.  The delivery was four benches that have been donated for our playground area.  They have to be put together, though.  Maybe there will be an engineer at church on Sunday.  Or perhaps a Dad who has “Some Assembly Required” a bicycle on Christmas Eve …

 

We watched a little of one the first NCAA tournament play-in games.  Texas A&M-Corpus Christi was pitted against Texas Southern University.  Not exactly powerhouses, I know.  And the game showed it.  They played almost ten minutes before either team was in double figures.  I still don’t understand why one of these teams was selected and Texas A&M-College Station wasn’t.  Oh, well.  They will do well in the NIT Tournament.  Oh, yeah.  Texas Southern eventually won.  And with the victory comes the opportunity to play top-seeded Kansas in the first round.  Ouch.

 

Psalms 91:2 says, “I will say of the Lord, ‘He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.’”

 

Father, thank you for that podcast yesterday.  It was fun to listen to, and spiritually uplifting as well.  Amen.

No comments: