Friday, November 8, 2019

November 8 – “at least I can say …”


I got to drive a BMW yesterday.  No, I’m not making the move to snobbish-dom or anything.  Kel and Christina have been looking for a second car for Kel to use to get back and forth to work and for Jachin to use as he gets older and gets his license (Hmm.  A grandkid with a drivers’ license.  Exciting, yet somewhat disturbing).  Our mechanic knows of the search, and he shot me a text yesterday that he had something that may work for Kel.

Seems he had been working for a while on a 2004 BMW sedan.  He had already fixed everything he ran across that needed fixing.  It needs a spare tire, though.  And it runs on premium gas.  Oh, and the previous owner was a smoker, so there was a musty smell involved.  Kel said that might be a deal breaker with Christina, since Josiah has developed asthma.  On the cool side, though, we found a hidden, built-in tool kit in the trunk, stocked with all the right-sized tools for the car.  It also has one of those panic handles inside the trunk.  If you ever get trapped in the trunk of the car, all you have to do is pull the handle and the trunk opens from the inside. 

I drove it from the shop over to where Kel was delivering mail so he could take a look at it.  He FaceTimed Christina so she could see it.  They seemed to be intrigued enough.  By the time I got back to the shop, Kel had already called the mechanic and talked to him about it.  They arranged for Kel to drive the car home and see what Christina thought about it.  So they parked it outside the shop and gave me the key.  Kel then came by the house when he got off work, dropped off the truck he was driving, and I took him to pick up the BMW. 

You know, if nothing comes of this, at least I can say I have driven a BMW …

Proverbs 12:25 says, “Anxiety weighs down the heart, but a kind word cheers it up.”

Father, give Kel and Christina wisdom to know whether this is a car that can meet their needs.  Amen.

No comments: