Tuesday, November 12, 2019

November 12 – “B-B-B-B-Brrrrrrr”


We got in our three mile hike yesterday.  And as it turned out, that may be our only one this week.  Why?  Oh, it’s not because we are wimping out.  Well, maybe a little wimpage.  A little bit of that tropical island paradise wimpage.  It’s just that … well … last night it got cold around here.

In one thirty minute time span the temperature went from 70+ to 50.  That’s a huge drop, even for a South Texas Blue Norther.  And this morning it’s not even funny.  Temperature is hovering around 40 degrees.  Bearable.  Granted.  But we also have 35 mile per hour winds out of the north.  That somehow equates to a feel-like wind chill temperature of (drum roll here) 31 degrees.  For my friends who didn’t do well in elementary school science … that’s freezing!

I spent my day yesterday between buried in a computer screen and up to my elbows in birthday and anniversary cards.  In other words, a typical Monday workday.  We discovered that the article I do each week for the church website has had a basic flaw.  It could only be viewed on a computer screen.  Any mobile devices could only get a look at the very first page.  That was a real problem, because my article is the source of most of our information dissemination.  Well, other than our FaceBook page and emails and word of mouth, the latter of which (word of mouth) is always the most effective anyway.  Thanks to Lauren and Chris for pointing out the exact nature of the difficulty to me so we could put the issue into the hands of our incredible tech department ace, Jennifer.  And as always, Jennifer came through.  The problem, whatever it was (I wouldn’t understand it anyway) is now history.  Feel free to check out the website from your phones and mobile devices.  www.seasidefamily.org

Isaiah 54:10 says, “’Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed.’ Says the Lord, who has compassion on you.”

Father, thank you for super-techie people like our Jennifer who can understand the workings of these computer creations of man.  I marvel every time I use one at the complexity.  And then I think about the complexities of your creation … and I am stunned.  Amen.

No comments: