Wednesday, November 13, 2019

November 13 – “one main constant …”


I would just like to point out a keen observation we have made.  After watching somewhere between eight and twelve Lifetime movies so far this holiday season, strictly for research purposes of course, we have discovered one main constant.  As unbelievable as it may sound, virtually all of these stories take place in the same year, over the exact same season.  It doesn’t matter when the movie was produced.  It doesn’t matter which stars are fumbling through their romantic interludes.  It doesn’t even matter if they are set in Utah, Maine, Oregon, or New York City.  They all have this one thing in common.  Are you ready for the big reveal?  Winter Storm Meghan.  Yep.  That pesky cold front is still making its way through the United States, and it has been since at least 2008 (the earliest movie we have seen so far). 

We watched one of the premier movies yesterday.  First time release.  And we heard this:
“Terrible storm headed this way ... Roads are treacherous … Airports are closed …”

We were on the edge of our seats.  Finally it came … “Winter Storm Meghan …”  I leapt from my chair and did a dance worthy of a World Series home run.  Hey … what can I say?  It doesn’t take much to excite me.

What’s that?  Will I continue to watch Lifetime and Hallmark movies?  Well … I DO have some more research to do.  This is quite the project, and I need all the data I can get.  Oh, I’ll save room for a college football game or two.  And some episodes of NCIS.  And college basketball is starting up.  Maybe even one pro football game.  We do host a Super Bowl party when that comes around.  But is the meantime, I’ll see who is falling in love with whom under the wintry blanket of snow left by … our dear friend Meghan.

Jeremiah 33:3 says, “Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.”

Father, please be with the Odom family as they continue their walk through the shadow of death.  Thank you that they are looking to you for comfort.  Amen.

No comments: