Friday, December 8, 2017

December 9 – “Snow day?”

Where was I?  Oh, yes … “So now we face today.  To start with, it’s snowing.”  Well, it was not snowman snowing, but Galveston flurries.  That’s usually enough to close the schools, but we never did get to that extreme. 
 
Now, I confess.  At 5 a.m. I was up and walking around outside with a flashlight.  Why?  I was trying to locate the alleged snowflakes.  I did see a few, so it was confirmed.  And Chris had told me that if I got up in the middle of the night and it was snowing, to wake her up and tell her.  Since 5 a.m. is the middle of the night for her, I did what she asked.  I’m not sure she ever saw the actual snow coming down.  She tried, though.  Then she went back to bed. 

We had to make another trip to the church to do Bethlehem Market stuff.  I had to move the car to make it easier to load up some boxes for the Scroll Den at the Market.  But don’t worry.  I managed to evade the falling snow particles.  Both of them.  Strangely enough, the farther west we drove the more snow we saw.  There was even snow on the roof of the church when we got there.  And someone posted a picture on FaceBook of a snowman on the beach.  He must have been at least six or eight inches tall. 

Ah, all this weather has me exhausted.  In fact, I’m writing this last night so I don’t have to open up the computer this morning.  We had to get up at five a.m. to get to church by 6:30 for Bethlehem Street Market setup today.  So I may as well post this last night as well.  I’m already confused.  Why not?

Psalms 13:5-6 says, “But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.  I will sing to the Lord, for he has been good to me.”


Father, use the market to draw community and church folks together.  Amen.

No comments: