Sunday, December 3, 2017

December 3 – “Grand …”

We celebrated Chris’ birthday last night.  Yep.  The birthday that actually occurred back in August.  I’m just a little slow.  Well, that and the Grand Theater production of A Christmas Carol didn’t get to town until Friday night.  We had seats in what they called the Mezzanine section.  That’s a high class word for the first balcony.  And we were on the front row.  Great seats, except the railing in front of us to keep us from falling forward onto unsuspecting patrons below was right at the height of Chris’ eyes.  She had to either slump or strain upwards to see effectively.  We did enjoy the show, though.  Thanks for having a birthday, my love.

I have to immortalize the following school assignment.  It took me a few days to effectively process it.  Chris and I both teared up the first time we read it.  I’ll try to duplicate it as written:

11/11/17
Dear pawpaw,
Thank you pawpaw.  Wish you were still alive!  But we still serve you awesomely.  Thank you for being a costgard.  I’m happy that you helped fight for freedom!  I miss you!  Tell Jesus, Memaw, Granny, everyone in the Vaughan faimaly Hi!
Love your great grandater,
Cailyn Savela Vaughan!

OK.  Dry the tears old boy.  Lots to do at church today …

Psalms 9:7-8 says, “The Lord reigns forever; he has established his throne for judgment.   He will judge the world in righteousness; he will govern the peoples with justice.”


Father, thank you for the sweet heart you have instilled in our “grandater.”  Please continue to draw her to yourself.

No comments: