Thursday, December 21, 2017

December 21 – “Christmas Complete Land”

Chris went to a big working lunch yesterday.  She and her Bethlehem Market cohort Lauren were going to debrief and evaluate the event from an “eyes backward” perspective.  Sounds like most of the comments received were generally good ones.  In fact, while she was gone I received the second or third message through the church FaceBook page asking for specific vendor contact information.  The inquirers had seen some merchandise at the market and wanted to track down the vendor to complete their Christmas shopping. 

She let me stay home and crash.  Second day of fighting upper respiratory gunk.  You know, I didn’t want it to degrade into that dreaded disease of all diseases … Man Flu.  And I confess right up front, when I fall under the Man Flu spell, I am gone.  Little baby right here.  I want to be coddled and have my poor head stroked and back rubbed.  Well, OK, so I want those things all the time.  But the desire increases exponentially when the Man Flu hits.  So far I have avoided it.  Just on the cusp, and as usual it gets a bit worse at night, but I managed to sleep until 4 this morning in our own bed rather than on the couch.  Surely that means I have this thing licked.

Part of my responsibility while she was gone was to deal with the glitch in the cable that took out our DVR capability.  Turned out to be an easy fix.  Every time I have called with an issue, the first thing they have me do is reset the box by unplugging and re-plugging.  The ultimate fix for all things technological.  It’s kind of a pain in the neck to do that with cable service, because it just takes so long for everything to reload.  The reboot was all that we needed, though. DVR now working.  Hallmark movies, here we come. 

Oh, and by the way, I also finished wrapping my Dad gifts and my gifts to Chris.  That puts me in Christmas Complete Land.  Well, as far as me by myself is concerned.  Together we still have to make at least one more shopping excursion.  Not this morning, though.  I understand we are having some young guests while Mommy Christina finishes some shopping of her own.  Hang in there, WalMart.  Be strong, Target.  Don’t give up, Home Depot.  We will be there soon …

Psalms 18:32-33 says, “It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect.  He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights.”


Father, thank you for the rest last night, and for the respite from coughing.  Amen.

No comments: