Wednesday, April 20, 2016

April 20 - “A fool in love”

I had a little scare Monday when Chris went to a doctor’s appointment.  She has been having some problems with pain shooting down the side of her leg.  There is a name for it, but I don’t remember what it is.  Some kind of inflammation that results in tightness of a really long ligament (hip to ankle, as I understand it).  The pain has been keeping her awake at night, so it was time to check back in with the doctor for some relief.  And let me hasten to say that she received a prescription for some anti-inflammatory medication as well as some exercises to be doing, so she is set for the near future. 

But what of the scare?  She texted me to let me know that it was taking a long time for the doctor to get to her.  But in that text-versation she happened to include this little tidbit: “At least in a room!  Elevated BP and low oxygen level!  Had to do pulse several times because the machine had it high!”  OK.  Now I am decidedly not medical personnel, so I confess that high blood pressure, low oxygen level and a racing pulse, all while sitting quietly in a doctor’s office caused me more than the usual level of concern.  And to top it all off … exclamation points.  Who uses so many exclamation points in a text?  At least it wasn’t all capital letters.  Then I would have panicked for sure. 

I texted back to ask if I needed to come over there (the office is within walking distance of our house).  When the answer didn’t come right away, I hustled Freddy into the laundry room and set out on foot – a trek to be at my bride’s side, to be a comfort and help in times of stress … and no doubt to be in the way.  I made it to the office in record on-foot time, and managed to force myself to sit quietly in the waiting room.  No one asked what I was doing there, so I nervously fumbled through FaceBook to kill some time.  It wasn’t long before Chris made her way out and signed out at the front desk.  I wouldn’t say she was particularly exhilarated to see me, but I don’t think she minded having me to talk to on the way home.  It did surprise her that I walked, though.  Hey, a fool in love will do anything …

Mark 7:37 says, People were overwhelmed with amazement. ‘He has done everything well,’ they said. ‘He even makes the deaf hear and the mute speak.’”


Father, thank you for the good news that Chris’ only problem was her original problem.  Would you give her some relief from that?  Amen.

No comments: