Wednesday, April 13, 2016

April 13 – “Rugs”

We finally managed to procure a second purchase for the house.  We went to Home Depot and found a rug for the office.  “I thought there was already a rug in there” you might presume.  Well, there was, but when Chris got started redecorating the den to fit in better with our new couch and chair, the office rug rather quickly became the den covering.  It fits well with the décor in there, too.  Not sure if Chip and Joanna would be proud, but I sure am. 

So, a rug for the office.  We put the little 5X7 one in there for the time being, but then we had to put the two rocking chairs on old towels to keep them from scraping up the wood floors.  And I had to be extra careful with my rolling office chair to keep it off the wood floors.  Picking up a theme here?  Protect the wood floors at all costs.  The makeshift arrangement was working OK, I guess.  It was just ugly.  And a wood-floor scratch incident just waiting to happen.  You know, it’s one thing if the grandkids do something like that.  Hey, grandkids can be forgiven for anything.  But I’m gonna be really careful.  I love my wife.

Now we found just the rug for the office the other day while on a Home Depot run for another project Chris is attacking.  I’ll save that story for another day.  We didn’t get it then because I remembered that I had a coupon sitting on my desk for 10% off any purchase.  That would probably cover the tax at least, so we waited.  We were also in the car at the time, and the rug we wanted was an 8X10.  That would have required some finagling to get into that little car.  So for this new excursion we took the truck.  Everything went fine at the store.  Plopped it on one of those rolling carts they have sitting around everywhere.  It was not nearly as heavy as I expected.  We got to the checkout counter and Chris remembered that she wanted to get one of those smaller versions to put just inside the front door for people to “wipe their feet on without seeming to because they feel bad about messing up the pretty little rug but even worse about touching the wood floors with dirty shoes.”  OK, that was a presumptuous look inside the heads of visitors everywhere.  Actually it was just a peek into what my head would be screaming in a similar situation.  We pulled out of line and camped off to the side.  Chris babysat the rug while I went back into the fray for the mini-version.  Thankfully they did have one, made to order for the very rug we were purchasing. 

And now all rugs are in.  Well, that little one is “in” the garage, along with the old couch and love seat and that huge, garish coffee table.  Does anyone out there know if someone needs some furniture?  It served us while since it was given to us after Hurricane Ike.  Still has some years in it, I would imagine. 

Luke 10:21 says, “At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, ‘I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure.’”


Father, thank you for the roof over our heads and the stuff inside it that you have provided for us over the years.  We appreciate you letting us use it.  Amen.

No comments: