Monday, January 4, 2016

January 4 – “Surgeries, sweaters, and sweatshirts”

Very short entry today.  We are headed into Texas to be with Jennifer and Bryan at Jennifer’s fifteenth surgery on her ankle.  That’s right fifteen (15).  She has had all kinds of trouble with infections as well as breaks, so we are really praying this will be the one that fixes things once and for all. 

We did make it to the last Christmas party of our season on Saturday.  My brothers and cousins and families all got together at my younger brother’s house on Tiki Island.  Ham and a black eyed pea dish and some cole slaw made it a real New Year’s affair.  We also did a white elephant gift exchange.  I have to say, I was once again the lucky one.  I was all decked out in my new Astros allegedly-ugly-but-really-beautiful vest sweater.  I have received all kinds of grief about that particular clothing item.  Well, as it turned out, my white elephant gift was – how shall I say? – one of a kind.  It was an ugly Christmas sweatshirt depicting Santa’s clothes all hanging out on the clothesline to dry.  It is lovely.  I lost most of my sweatshirts in Hurricane Ike, and I have had little reason to attempt replacing them, so I welcome all comers.  Can’t wait for an inappropriate opportunity to sport this new baby.  Great acquisition.  Now on to Houston …

1 Peter 4:8 says, “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.”


Father, be with Jennifer’s doctors and nurses as she goes through yet another surgery.  Be with Bryan as he offers encouragement and support.  We place her totally into your hands.  Amen.

No comments: