Wednesday, January 13, 2016

January 13 – “Another hat”

Well, yesterday I put on one of those other hats a pastor sometimes gets to wear.  We got word that we will be having an unexpected group staying in the retreat center.  Not at all a problem.  Except that meant we needed to finish transforming the space back into a retreat center after our Bethlehem Market.  I know.  That event was back in December.  I confess.  This was purely a case of procrastination - thinking we had until sometime in March before the next group – getting so wrapped up in all my other hats that I pushed this one to the back of the pile. 

So what did we (By “we” I mean Chris was with me, of course.  She wears as many hats as I do … sometimes more) have to do?  Let me see if I can formulate a list … 

Clean and stock the bathrooms (always a given anytime Chris is involved)
Put in a new bottle of drinking water
Empty the vacuum cleaner
Take out the trash
Box up leftover garage sale items
Box up the Bethlehem Market supplies to be used next year
Return chair and table racks to their place
Hang two sets of blinds
Clean white boards (well, begin to clean them.  Someone used permanent markers)
Hang decorative signs naming rooms and in kitchen and bathrooms
Stack old mattresses to be discarded
Arrange bunks for walking space and exit access
Place extra mattresses under beds
Vacuum the whole building
Rearrange the office/guest speaker room
Arrange chairs and tables in rooms
Place reading chair in foyer
Check the mail
Go by WalMart for a reading lamp on our way home

We didn’t get around to decorating the bulletin boards, though.  We also need to grab a few light bulbs for the reading lamp when we take it back to set it up.  Gotta say … every muscle in my body is sore today. 

1 Peter 5:10-11 says, “And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.  To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.”


Father, thank you for all those hats you gave me when I became a pastor.  Some are harder to wear than others, but may all of them help me to reflect you.  Amen.

No comments: