Saturday, January 30, 2016

January 30 – “Delivery in the dark”

We finally received a projector bulb for the church that we ordered back in December – way back last year.  It was delivered after dark last night.  Poor delivery guy.  He wouldn’t just leave it at the door and run away like they usually do.  He knocked and waited for me to take the package from his hands.  I was duly impressed, but that’s probably why he was still delivering in the dark.  He was a little hesitant at first to let it go, though.  He looked at me, then at the package, and then back at me.  He stared for a moment.  Finally he asked, “Is this Seaside Church?”  I smiled at his quandary and reassured him that it was indeed.  Perhaps it was the sound of Jachin and Micah and Josiah rough housing or the sight of little Noa racing by as we talked that confused him.  We certainly can’t have a delivery going to the wrong place, right?  He finally released his death grip on the box, shook his head slowly, side to side, and trudged back to his truck.  And I dropped the package on my desk and returned to my family time. 

So, after a couple of months of straining our eyes to see the words to songs and videos and such, I hope we will soon be able to worship without that distraction once again.  Oh, and I am really thankful that our worship leader knows what he is doing in replacing the bulb.  Have at it, Wes.  It’s all yours.

1 John 2:5-6 says, “But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: 6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.”


Father, thank you for the little things that help us worship you.  I know we don’t need projectors and videos and bells and whistles, but they do help.  Amen.

No comments: