Friday, July 19, 2013

July 19 – “Intelly-yent”

Well, VBS has come and gone.  I let the folks from Mineral Wells know we really appreciated their hard work, and they let me know they learned more than they ever bargained for from being here.  They sent special kudos to our guys who led on Wednesday night.  Nice job to all concerned.

I know Cailyn enjoyed herself.  She couldn’t wait to get back there every night.  Now that might have been so she could see that “very cute blonde boy.”  I found out his name, by the way.  And I almost couldn’t believe it.  Ready for this?  His name is Calin.  Seriously.  It’s pronounced “Callen,” like the guy on NCIS Los Angeles.  But he gets called Cailyn all the time at school.  I, don’t know, Daddy.  This one may be in the cards.  You better stay away from Mineral Wells.

Cailyn was feeling particularly positive around the house yesterday.  At random times she told us each that we were the “very best DadDad I ever had,” and “the best Nani I ever knew.”  And she didn’t even want anything in particular.  That’ll warm a grandparent’s heart.  My favorite for the day, though, was this comment, made while she watched me working at my computer:
“You’re a smart and very intelly-yent boy and so am I except I am a girl.”
That about says it.

On the way home from VBS she was apparently getting a little bored. 
Cailyn: “Tell me a story out of your mouth.” (I assumed that meant as opposed to reading one out of a book).
Me: “About what?”
Cailyn: “About Jesus.”  (Whew.  At least it was a subject I was familiar with).
Me: “How about one about Paul?”  (He was the topic of the Bible stories at VBS)
Cailyn: “Yeah, Paul-Saul.”
I was worried that she might be getting sleepy, so I did my best to dramatize the story of Paul and his friend singing in prison and God sending an earthquake and all the prisoners sticking around.  I got to the point where Paul told the jailor, “If you believe in Jesus you will be saved like me.”  Except right after the “If you believe in Jesus” part I was interrupted from the back seat by an excited cry of “I believe in Jesus!”  Guess she was listening after all.

Psalms 101:1 says, “I will sing of your love and justice; to you, O Lord, I will sing praise.”

Father, thank you for the spark of your love instilled in little hearts.  Help it grow.  Amen.

No comments: