Thursday, June 28, 2012

June 25 – “Day One”

 
 
I'm an acorn, small and round
Lying on the cold, hard ground
Everyone walks over me
That is why I'm cracked you see
 
Called myself on the telephone
Just to see if I was home
Asked me out on a little date
Picked me up about half-past eight
 
Took me out to a movie show
Stayed too late and said let's go
Took my hand and led me out
Drove me home and gave a shout
 
Some at Rita's spent the night
Then at six we saw the light
PK got there, then the Stones
Synchronized all our cell phones
 
Visual Verses then we prayed
Six-thirty bye bye we waved
Wait! No gas!  Mama Chris cried
Done.  Now seven.  Let us drive
 
I met Garrett. "I'm PK"
"Can I call you 'P'? he'd say
"Call me any name you please"
"OK, then, I'll call you 'Tree'"
 
I got exiled – dungeon van
My spies must give me a hand
Stopped in Waco, got Hannah
Ate at Taco Ca-ba-na
 
What! A burger, Lora said
Jimmy, Jase and Keith there fed
We toured Baylor campus round
Rita led us out of town
 
Crickets, grasshoppers so far
Chloe gave me a crunch bar
Abilene we split for sure
Mama Chris took a detour
 
Lubbock Pizza Hut once more
Then worship on their gym floor
Keith's charades we got with hints
Kelly taught Encouragement
 
Ephesians 1:22 says, "And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church"
 
Father, help us all remember that you are Lord whether we act like it or not.  Amen.

No comments: