Monday, June 18, 2012

June 18 – “Distraction alert”

 
 
Camp is obviously approaching rapidly.  This week promises to be quite full of the usual getting-ready kind of stuff.  I heard from our volunteer youth intern for the summer (great girl with a great name, even though she spells it wrong – Kelly).  She posted on FaceBook that with the receipts from the garage sale and other donations received yesterday we hit our goal to cover the costs of transportation.  Great news.  I will be starting on my own personal list for the week as soon as I finish here.  It has things on it like "get a haircut," "write a wedding ceremony" (I have a wedding Friday evening in Jacksonville, Texas), write a memorial service" (that one is Thursday at Seaside), "arrange to pay for vans," "go to the bank," well, it goes on and on.  A typical week, I guess.  Just has "leave for New Mexico" at the end of it. 
 
Church was fun again yesterday.  Lots of visitors, as is usually the case on a fine Galveston summer morning.  We are getting close to the end of the study of the Book of Esther.  That has been a fun one.  We'll be moving back into Ezra to stick with the chronological flow of things, and then moving on into Nehemiah. 
 
At some point this week I'd like to go over to Home Depot and pick up an electric drill.  When I start scraping on the last student desk I'd like to finish it without having to wait for the battery to recharge.  I also want to look for a little pad to put on the seat.  I don't know if the wood is salvageable or not, but a pad would be an easy and most comfortable fix.  I'd certainly prefer one if I could squeeze into the desk.  Have to remember to put paint and stain and mineral spirits on that list as well. 
 
Whoa.  Major distraction alert.  Chris just handed me a homemade waffle.  That'll be all for today.
 
Matthew 6:25-27 says, "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"
 
Father, you are the most Awesome Provider, of money for camp and of a great breakfast-maker.  Thank you.  Amen.

No comments: