Saturday, June 16, 2012

June 16 - "Wax and donuts"

 
Houston again.  This time for a hearing aid appointment for me and Mom.  Mine was easy.  She just cleaned them and handed them back to me.  Mom's case was a little different.  One of her hearing aids actually fell apart into two pieces a while back.  She hasn't been able to wear it at all.  Then her other one stopped working, hence the appointments.  Looks like her problem was all wax-related with that second one.  I obviously wasn't getting it cleaned well enough to get rid of the blockage.  Of course she also had to see the doctor so he could use his little medical tool pliers to remove huge clots of wax from her ears as well.  Nasty.  She could hear when she put the aid back in her ear though.  Now the other one apparently still works, but they super glued it together, so she's not supposed to wear it until tomorrow.  They didn't want it to stick to her ear.  Yep, they actually said that.
 
Chris went up to the church last night to help get set up for the garage sale today.  I stayed home with Mom and we watched the Astros game.  They lost to the Hamilton-less Rangers.  Jachin was happy, I'm sure.  For the Rangers victory, not for Josh Hamilton being in the hospital with a stomach bug.  I'm not sure how much stuff people brought up for the garage sale, but I sure hope we have some success.  On my way there now to see how it goes.  Have to stop and get them some donuts, though.  Better get on the road.
 
Psalms 4:1 says, "Answer me when I call to you, O my righteous God.  Give me relief from my distress; be merciful to me and hear my prayer."
 
Father, give the kids success with their sale today so they can all get to camp.  Amen.

No comments: