Sunday, May 6, 2012

May 6 - "Back Home"

 
OK.  Latest update on Mom.  We are at home.  The doctor decided that we should get her back into a familiar environment before her confusion worsened to the extent that they would have to spend time dealing with that.  It meant that the last of the tests they intended to run now have to be done on an outpatient basis or under the care of her regular physician.  So now we get to deal with getting her in the car and to the doctor's office.  At least Chris got some sleep last night.  I even made it all the way to 5:30. 
 
Our big annual craft fair took place yesterday up at the church.  Its goal is to raise money to help send the teenagers to camp in New Mexico this summer.  I was only able to hang around for a few hours, but it sure looked like a lot of people were moving through the exhibits.  The barbeque sandwiches I picked up there for Chris and me to eat at the hospital were amazing once again.  Three or four people that I didn't know came up to me and started conversations about the Easter sunrise service, of all things.  One guy told me that his wife said she would start coming to church if we held it on the beach every Sunday.  Now there's a thought.  Mix that in with the idea one of our guys had to start a men's ministry of going fishing together and I think we might just have something.  I can't wait to see how we did on the final tally. 
 
I also had a wedding over at the San Luis Hotel last night.  It was one of those big ones.  Eight groomsmen and eight bridesmaids with a flower girl and ring bearer thrown in there as well.  The ring bearer was the best.  He couldn't have been more than two years old.  Instead of carrying the usual pillow, though, he had a sign as big as he was draped over his neck.  It read, "Hey, Uncle Josh, here comes your bride."  Very cute.  The wedding went off without a hitch, really.  The little ring bearer did pretty much whatever he wanted to do until one of the grandmas grabbed him.  The groomsmen had been drinking most of the day apparently, so I was wondering how they would do.  Thankfully they behaved throughout the service.  Their antics didn't begin until the pictures and especially at the reception.  They had a whole skit worked out for the introductions.  It made for a fun introduction to the rest of the evening.  I left soon after I prayed before the meal, so I don't know how the rest of the reception went. 
 
Oh, and the Astros won again.  Five in a row.
 
Matthew 4:19-20 says, "'Come, follow me,' Jesus said, 'and I will make you fishers of men.'  20 At once they left their nets and followed him."
 
Father, help Mom to settle back in here at home.  And help Chris to get rested up.  Amen.

No comments: