Saturday, May 5, 2012

May 5 – “I miss that”

 
 
I slept past 3:30 this morning.  I woke up at 4:30.  Great victory there, though.  Especially since I was inundated with thoughts about a teaching for Sunday.  This is definitely one of those pastor-type experiences.  God must have a specific message for somebody this week.  Of course I still have to type it up in some kind of coherent order.  Rarely an "easy" moment in this life, but it sure can be fun.  Once I get at least the essence of these thoughts down on paper (or in computer), I still have to get out to the church for some of the Big Seaside Craft Fair, then get some food to Chris at the hospital and see how Mom is doing, then get ready to perform a wedding ceremony this afternoon. 
 
Speaking of Mom, the latest theory about what happened to her in an interesting one.  And quite involved.  The doctor told Chris that she has had a few patients who are older women, have one of the same diseases Mom has (I can't pronounce it, much less spell it), have been on high doses of steroids for long periods, and have a deficiency in vitamin D, who have experienced significant weakening of the muscles in the neck, making it difficult for them to hold their head up.  Now that was eerie.  Sounds exactly like Mom.  They are doing some testing to see of her vitamin D level is indeed low.  Last night they mentioned also checking her thyroid.  Chris said thyroid involvement would explain why she feels cold all the time.  They also did an echocardiogram and an ultrasound of her carotid arteries has been ordered.  The probably won't get done until Monday.  Mom has been very confused, but last night she laughed and bantered with me more than she has in weeks.  That was fun.  I miss that. 
 
1 John 2:1-2 says, "My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense — Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.  He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world."
 
Father, thank you for reminding me yet again of the bottom line.  You really are all we need.  Amen.

No comments: