Tuesday, May 15, 2012

May 15 – “Nice lunch”

 
 
Yesterday I received a great blessing.  I got to go to lunch with my wife.  Just the two of us.  First time in a very long time.  It wasn't a very long lunch.  We just went to Shrimp N Stuff.  I had the popcorn shrimp lunch and she had popcorn shrimp a la carte.  She eats those fried cornbread things off my plate and helps me with the fries.  It's just enough for both of us.  It was even kind of quiet there for a change.  The place is usually hopping around lunch time, but we got there closer to 11:30.  It was nice.    
 
After lunch we made a quick trip over to the bank in front of Target.  Chris had to pick up some papers related to her Mom's estate that she's trying to get settled.  Once again I say that I sure wish that whole ordeal was over with.  Every time she gets an email from the new lawyer it seems she gets distraught again.  Greed is an ugly thing.  Since we were close to Home Depot we ran in there as well.  Wanted to check on their grass sod segments to see if they looked fresh.  They didn't.  We wanted to add a few to the back yard to help it out.  The St. Augustine back there is doing pretty well taking over the big dirt pile section, though.  I guess I'm just being impatient.  We also checked out the 2 X 12 lumber.  Chris wants to put up a rope swing in the back yard that is attached to the deck.  Right now we have a rope just wrapped around some of the slats up there and it doesn't seem very sturdy.  Nathan suggested adding an extension to the decking supports and hanging it from there.  We'll see.
 
Mom seems to be doing better.  She went to Libbie's Place for the first time in two weeks, and they said she seemed quite animated.  She left early for a doctor's appointment.  The report there was pretty good as well, I guess.  They are trying to cut down on all her medications.  I think we are going to today to pick up the wheel chair they told us to get when she was in the hospital.  Maybe that will give us a bit more flexibility in taking her places. 
 
Wow.  It seems so boring to write about the stuff of a simple day.  Why would anyone want to read it?  Can't really talk about the contents of the teaching I'm working on for Sunday, though.  Gotta keep some mystery to maintain interest.  Maybe tomorrow I'll detail my coffee-making skills.  Hmmm.
 
1 John 2:28 says, "And now, dear children, continue in him, so that when he appears we may be confident and unashamed before him at his coming."
 
Father, thank you for being Lord of the simple.  Makes me feel wanted.  Amen.

No comments: