Saturday, May 12, 2012

May 12 – “A Blue Bell Pic pic Day”

 
 
I had another "pic pic" last night on the back patio.  This time it was with all three of my beautiful girls – Mom, Chris, and Cailyn.  Actually we had already had supper.  We just adjourned to the patio to enjoy our dessert.  Blue Bell cookies and cream ice cream for the ladies.  A Blue Bell homemade vanilla root beer float for me.  Cool breeze blowing.  Astros beating the Pirates one to nothing on the TV inside (and they eventually won by that same score, so I didn't miss any offensive bursts).  Can't get much better than that. 
 
Mom had a really good day.  There was still a little confusion, but she actually engaged us in ongoing conversations .  She and I even "got into it" a time or two with some good-natured ribbing back and forth.  We used to do that all the time, so that was an especially good treat for me.  My younger brother came by to drop off a Mother's Day card for her.  She said she wasn't sure who he was at first, but "he told me, and it's written right here on the card."  She asked two or three times throughout the evening what kind of doctor his wife was.  That seemed to really fascinate her.  And the most exciting thing of all?  She complained a bit about her teeth, but Chris reminded her that we had just seen the dentist and he said she could eat whatever she wanted.  Very little moaning and groaning.  Sure hope we are past that. 
 
Cailyn ended up spending the night with us.  I was going to try to go fishing today, but I was greeted at 5:30 with a downpour.  It's been raining pretty steadily ever since.  The power has even flickered out twice so far.  Guess that means I'll have that much more time to hang out with the Little Princess.  Guess that also means Micah's baseball game will be canceled.  Josiah's birthday party is scheduled for this afternoon.  Hope Christina has some inside games planned.  I have a memorial service at Seaside an hour before the party starts, so I'll be late.  They'll just have to try to have fun without me for a while. 
 
1 John 2:21-23 says, "I do not write to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it and because no lie comes from the truth. 22 Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist — he denies the Father and the Son. 23 No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also."
 
Father, thank you for the rain.  Fishing would have been good today, too.  Maybe later.  Amen.

No comments: