Monday, April 23, 2012

April 23 – “Good Day / Bad Day”

 
 
Yesterday was one of those good news / bad news kind of days. 
 
It was a bad day.  Satan is still doing his best to wrangle his way into people's lives.
It was a good day.  The Holy Spirit is alive and well and more powerful than ever.
It was a bad day.  Our reigning youth pastor Mike resigned to do more adult-centered ministry at the church. 
It was a good day.  We had a good-great time of prayer for him and the youth ministry.  He plans to start a new life group in his home on Monday nights in Jamaica Beach – a real answer to a long-time prayer for Seaside.
 
It was a bad day.  I had to stay after church for some meetings.  Chris didn't even attempt to get Mom to come.  Mom's still recuperating from that dental surgery, and every day feels like a bad one to her right now.
It was a good day.  One of the meetings was with the volunteers who will be taking up the slack on youth camp this year.  We are looking at going to a different site a bit closer to home to save some money.
 
It was a bad day.  I had to stop at McAlister's on my way home to pick up lunch.  Not that I don't like McAlister's.  I do.  It was just one more thing that had to be done.
It was a good day.  At McAlister's I saw a guy there who grew up the neighborhood with me.
 
It was a bad day.  I didn't get home until after one o'clock.
It was a good day.  I got to go fishing.
 
It was a bad day.  I had to miss much of the Astros game.
It was a good day.  I saw the grand slam home run, and they ended up winning 12-0.
 
It was a good day.  Did I mention I got to go fishing?
It was a bad day.  Both of my elbows hurt so bad by the time I got home that I could barely lift them.  Thank you, RA.
 
It was a good day.  I got to go fishing.
It was a bad day.  I slipped on the rocks on my way out of the water and banged up my knee.
 
It was a good day.  I got to go fishing.  And had a pretty good catch – five or six big whiting, a few specs, a nice black drum.  I released the sheephead.  Too much trouble to clean for not enough meat.
It was a bad day.   I ended up having to replace a hook eight different times.  Gotta get some better quality hooks.
 
It was a good day.  Good wins.  Again.
 
1 Peter 5:6-8 – "Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.  Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."
 
Father, thank you for the life you gave me.  Good and bad.  Good wins.  Amen.

No comments: