Saturday, May 14, 2011

May 14 – “Big Plans”

 

Big day today.  Lots to do.  We are supposed to go to the graduation ceremony for Texas A & M Galveston at 9 a.m.  That's at the Galveston Island Convention Center.  Then I am the cook for a big fish fry in LaMarque at Kel's house.  We are celebrating Josiah's first birthday around 11:30.  Well, that's when everybody else is supposed to get there ready to eat.  I guess I should be there before then. 

 

I loved Micah's comments about his little brother that Christina posted on Facebook the other day.  Since Josiah was turning one, he wanted to know when he would start speaking English.  That's always been my question about babies, Micah, you included.  I asked it of Chris with every one of our boys, and of all of our grandkids.  Micah just beat me to it regarding Josiah. 

 

So back to the itinerary.  At 4:30 I am officiating a wedding at the San Luis Hotel Grand Ballroom.  Sounds very ritzy, doesn't it?  The groom is a financial consultant and the bride is a TV traffic anchor.  They have a total of twenty attendants and one flower girl.  There will be three extra readings.  Two are scripture and the third is an excerpt from a letter Tertullian wrote to his wife.  OK.  Tertullian was a pastor back in 200 AD who wrote some other stuff besides letters to his wife.  If you did that back then you got called a "Church Father."  If you do it now you just an aspiring author, I guess. 

 

After the wedding and reception we are supposed to head West to a baby shower for a couple in the church who attend our home group.  She's due on June 6th.  D Day.  I had to look it up online and show it to her to prove the date.  I know all about June 6th being D Day.  That's also our wedding anniversary.  Coming up on 36 years for us.  Yet another evidence that Chris is an amazing woman.  Imagine … me for 36 years.

 

Proverbs 3:11-12 says, "My son, do not despise the Lord's discipline and do not resent his rebuke, because the Lord disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in."

 

Father, forgive me when I get frustrated at circumstances – hearing loss and neck pain and a numb, tingling arm and joint pain.  If it's discipline, bring it on.  If it's just life, make me stronger.  Amen.

No comments: