Saturday, February 5, 2011

February 5 –“The Terminator”

 

Uncle Jerry came back yesterday and ended up sticking around for several hours.  The power didn't come back on at his house until late in the afternoon, so he did some work on our computer.  It was still really cold – never got much above freezing if at all – so we stayed inside.  Chris worked on some quilting stuff.  Mom did a lot of crocheting.  I worked some, but ended up actually watching some movies.  I haven't done that in a long time.  I found a station that was showing The Terminator.  Loved the clothes they were wearing.  In fact I have a leisure suit just like one of the guys was wearing.  I think Josh borrowed it for some costume show or something.  That's how it escaped the wrath of Ike.  The hairdos on the girls were a riot.  I couldn't believe all the really big hair.  Terminator 2 was on next, but I decided to tape that one and watch some of the shows we already had recorded to catch up.  

 

I missed being the first one in line at the grand opening of the new Dollar General store over at the old Gerland's around the corner from our house.  The first fifty in line get a free ten dollar gift card.  Oh, well, I still have my coupon for five dollars off on a purchase of twenty dollars or more.  Wonder if I can find twenty dollars worth of stuff?  

 

Trying to develop some plans for this fine Saturday beyond my usual last-minute sermonizing work.  I hope we get a chance to walk today.  Not sure if Chris will go for it in the cold.  I never made it to the post office, so that may be on tap.  I still have to mail in the income tax stuff I put together.  And I never realized how used to that wireless mouse I had become.  It still takes awhile to remember how to use the touch pad on this laptop.  WalMart or Office Depot can cure that. 

 

Days like today sure make me reminisce about those days of yore when I used to be able to head down to the beach and toss a line in the water for a few hours.  Speckled trout, redfish, flounder, mackerel.  I'm drooling just thinking about it.  I keep a brand new little box of treble hooks on my desk.  I refuse to put them in my tackle box until the first time I go fishing.  They have been there for a long time.

 

Psalms 36:5 says, "Your love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies."

 

Father, thank you for the warm-up after the days of cold.  It helps me remember that you do that in the spiritual realm as well.  Amen.


No comments: